If you haven’t already sensed it happening, the year-end shopping boom is about to be in full swing. Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which started as post-Thanksgiving traditions in the States, have fully landed north of the border.
Not everyone wants to wait in line for hours at one of the big-box chains, but many of them still appreciate a good sale, or want to get started on holiday shopping. Here are 5 ways you can take advantage of one of the busiest times of the year.
- Offer your customers a deal: You can use our coupon feature to create a special offer!
- Update your listing: You’re off to a great start by using Shop Small Biz. Now, make sure that you’re putting your best foot forward to customers and newcomers. If your profile is still barebones, think about adding a picture or a short write-up about what you offer.
- Do something special: Customer appreciation days are always a big hit – why not double up and make Black Friday extra-special? With the temperature dipping, it’s a good time to offer a sweet freebie like hot chocolate!
- Get on social media: Don’t let your customers forget about you. Make sure you’re active on social media ahead of the big event so people know what great products you’ll be featuring, and any sales you’re having.
- Send some emails: If you have a customer database, use it! You can send an email, or a series of them, leading up to the big day. And if you don’t have an email marketing system yet, CFIB members save on plans with Cyberimpact.
Plus: Filling a lot of online orders this year? CFIB members save up to 50% on ShipTime, your one-stop shop for comparing shipping rates! Find the best price from leading carriers like FedEx, Purolator and Canpar – and manage your shipments all in one place. Find out more.
- Want a piece of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday action? Here’s how to start